Sunday 14 June 2009

One morning at Mahkamah Syariah...

I just got back from Mahkamah Syariah Gombak Barat in Kuang. Last night MIL was shocked to say the least when I told her that I was going to mahkamah syariah! Hehehe, it's nothing to do with a divorce or anything...hehehe. It's about our petition to get a faraid certificate from the court to get our rightful claim on my late brother's possessions. 

It's not much mind you, but we need the certificate to proceed with our claims with Amanah Raya. I tried to do it during my month long holiday at the end of last year but the dealings with the syariah court was a bit messy and very slow, very very slow...sigh

This morning, we arrived at 9 a.m, but we're told that we could go for breakfast as normally the faraid hearings would be much later, after all the divorce cases. After breakfast, Mamud went in the court while my husband and me as witnesses had to wait outside. We wait and we wait and we wait some more. Then around 10.45, Mamud came out saying that the court's in recess until 11.15. 

I saw two couples who were divorced. One quite elderly while the other quite young. So who says old people do not get a divorce?!! It's becoming quite a trend nowadays to get married and later if you feel that you're not suited anymore, file for a divorce...sigh. I think we're back to the days of old (our grandparents time) when divorce was quite 'trendy', that's why if we trace our roots, normally we would have so many 'half'...half sister, half brother and a lot of other 'half's.

Anyway, at 11.15, Mamud went in again. But the frustrating bit was when about 15 minutes later, the court's in recess again! Hello, they just had a recess, okay?!! My husband started to get grumpy, while I became seething mad! Fortunately, the kids were playing to their heart's content. I became angry enough to fill up the complaint's form! My husband did the same. 

I was only called in around 12.20 p.m. I went in and was asked to step in the witness stand. The first time ever in my life and I was a bit excited...hehehe. After istigfar and shahadah, I read the infamous lines of, '...to tell the truth and only the whole truth...'. I started to smile inside...hehehe

When the judge started his questioning, I was a bit 'gemuruh' at first, I couldn't even remember my IC number...emmm... the judge was quite handsome, in a stern way...hehehe. After that I answered what I could, it was quite easy actually, no mother, no father, no grandparents on both sides and the only surviving relatives would be Mamud and me.

Near the end of the session, the judge asked me whether we have any other siblings? I said, "Takde, kitorang aje" and when he said, "Itu aje?", while trying to hold my laughter, I said, "Ini aje rezeki Tuhan bagi...". Then I laughed...hehehe. Abis nak jawab apa lagi, memang tinggal 2 orang aje... apa nak buat...hehehe. After that, it was over. My husband was not even called in. The court decided that as the brother, Mamud will get 2/3 while I get 1/3 but we have to wait another 14 days to get the certificate. Alhamdulillah, the process that we started in December 2008, will hopefully come to an end in June 2009. After this, I'll have to deal with the officers from Amanah Raya...sigh...Wish me luck!

4 comments:

edrina said...

huh mmg lembab & sembab kan.. mmg mendatangkan amarah sungguh la hai..

Ina said...

Intan,

The worst thing was that the staff did not do much the whole 3 1/2 hours we were there... Sungguhlah mencabar keimanan pagi tadi...sigh...

Guru said...

betulla tu...saya pun pernah ada pengalaman yg hampir serupa... naik berjanggut lah juga menunggu dan menunggu...manalah orang2 tak mengata tentang mahkamah syariah ni ya... tak cukup kakitangan ke...atau m.a.l.a.s......?

Ina said...

Dear klcitizen,

I think more towards the second sindrom because whle I was there the staff was either on the phone or talking to each other or even watching TV kot?!! There were at least five of them plus one counselor, one judge and one bailif kot... I think if they're more productive, more cases could be solved...sigh...