Tuesday 30 June 2009

Without realising...

I was a bit shocked today. Earlier today, while I was browsing my older entries I discovered that I started writing my blog more than a year ago! My first entry was written on the 3rd of June 2008, which means that I've been a blogger for more than a year! Without realising, I've missed the first anniversary of my blog...hehehe

I started writing this blog in the hope that I could share my life experiences with family and friends. Yes, I did that and more. In the first few months of blogging, I shared my experiences of living in Sudan. Then, came the worst news of 2008, I lost my youngest brother in a road accident. I started writing from my heart, shared my sadness in this blog of mine and there I discovered I also have a few 'virtual' friends...Kak Olie for example, shared her grief over her late brother as well.

By bloghopping, I discovered that I'm not alone. There are others like me, like Aina for example who lost her father while she was in Doha. I gain strength from all these shared life experiences, it lighten the burden of sorrow that I carry...

Now, I blog because I want to keep a record of my life and what happens to me and my family. I try to be as honest as I can. Blogging also brought me closer to relatives of mine. I feel that I could reach Mie and anak Intan better... in reality even though we live in the same state but we didn't keep in touch. I'm glad that we've become closer this way.

At first, I would write once in every 2 or 3 days but now I'm truly hooked...hehehe. Especially because I have so many things to share. I just didn't have enough time to sit and write! 

I have a confession to make. I have a weird habit! When I bloghop, if I find an interesting site, I would read every single entry from the beginning! Until I 'khatam' their blogs, I'll spend weeks, sometimes months just to backtrack! My husband called me crazy...hehehe. The longest time spent so far to 'khatam' a blog would be LeeUk and also JoeBangla...I feel that the longer you read their blogs, the better you know the writer because I discovered that a blog writer would reveal their true self, bit by bit, entry by entry... 

To sum up, I wish that I could blog until my hands are too shaky to type and my eyes too blurry to see, then I'll ask my children or grandchildren to type for me...hehehe. In other words, I wish I could blog until the day I die (not too soon, I hope...hehehe).

6 comments:

Aina@Azila said...

firstly, happy belated anniversary.. it is such a great achievement.:D

i 100% agree with you. since i'm blogging, i got a lot of friend all over the world. the very sincere friends... they never know us (never meet) but they alwaz there to support us. blooger friends never ask anything in return...

edrina said...

Hihi Happy belated Anniversary :-).

Betul lah kat dunia nyata punya la susah nak jumpa kan..

Guru said...

happy belated anniversary

wah.. betul2 weird ni ina... macam nak khatam quran lak...

tapi betulla tu, kalau nak kenal betul2, kena baca semua ntri...

Ina said...

Dear Azila,

Thanks. You're right about them being sincere and supportive.

Dear Intan,

Biasa la, masing2 ngan life masing2. Dapat keep track pun dah syukur...hehehe

Dear klcitizen,

I memang weird, rasa tak puas hati kalo tak baca semua entri...hehehe. Dah khatam baru boleh tinggal komen...hehehe

xplorer said...

when you told me that you had read all my entry , i thought that you were kidding.now i know that its true.

Ina said...

Dear Xplorer,

Yep, I'm weird that way...hehehe. Normally I wouldn't leave comments until I 'khatam'... hehehe