Monday 29 June 2009

Saying goodbye...

On Friday, we were busy packing my husband's stuff to bring back to Khartoum because his flight was early morning, the 27th of June. He went out to buy frozen food like sausages and sotong balls for Hadi to bring to school while I packed his clothes. Actually he didn't a lot of clothes back, just some new shirts that I bought for him during one of the sales.

While he was at Jumaat prayer, I packed everything, including some stuff for Petronita activities. We were supposed to approach a few people from GNPOC to help carry the things to Sudan but because we're busy with the wedding and the holiday, we didn't have time. Only Kamal agreed to bring some stuff back. Alhamdulillah.

So, in the end he had to carry his black luggage, one box of frozen stuff and another box of stationeries for Petrobnita. We pushed off from the house a bit late, around 4 pm to Subang Jaya, to Kamal's house. We arrived around 4.30 but since Kamal's not at home, we had a late lunch at Kenny Roger's Roasters. After that, we dropped the stuff at Kamal's house and drove towards Taman Tun.

The traffic was really bad, hardly moving at the plus highway and also LDP...sigh... We had to stop at a rest-stop to pray Asar. We arrived at Mummy's house around 7.30 pm and Aliah got a really bad stomachache and she wet her pants, to say the least...sigh... I had to clean up after her and I was really mad at her for not telling us sooner...kesian dia. Sometimes I could be a cruel and heartless mother with a temper...sigh... I hope I could change and be a better mother for the 3 lovely kids...

Anyway, we're supposed to go to KLIA around 10 but we had to wait for Adik and Fahim to come back from Kelantan, if not my husband would not see them until next year...because by the time he comes home to get me and the kids, the newlyweds would be on their honeymoon. While waiting for them, Amir was thirsty. When I offered him mineral water, he refused and he went downstairs.

Suddenly, he went upstairs and showed me his mouth, he was really in need of water. I saw some droplets of chilli sauce on his pyjamas. Poor fellow. When I investigated the fridge later, I saw that he had tried to drink the chilli sauce which was put inside a 'coke' bottle. He must have thought that it was 'coke'...Poor baby, but it was hilarious all the same...hehehe

Adik arrived around 11 pm as we were about to take off. As a formula One driver, I had to drive of course... We arrived in KLIA around 11.40 pm. I waited outside while my husband checked in, the kids except Hadi were sleeping. Luckily, he was allowed to bring all the stuff (46kg) with another 6kg to spare because he was allowed 40kg plus another 12kg as a skyward member...hehehe

I drove back and arrived at home around 1 am. When I arrived, I was shocked to hear somebody calling my name. It was Mimi and her sisters. They were washing up outside their house (they had a kenduri that night!) and I went and chatted with them for awhile. They offered the lauk kenduri but I declined because I know it would be wasted. Waved them goodbye and carried the boys in... Such a tiring day for me...sigh. 


7 comments:

xplorer said...

your husband must be working in the oil and gas industry?

Fasri said...

The box containing the Petronita stuff was the last box to clear baggage handlers (Sudan Customs will scan every piece of luggage before releasing it to the passengers). so the box was marked for detailed inspection.

Waiting for detailed inspection, sikit punya lama.. biasala tuan tanah.. orang luar buat donno jer.. bila tunjuk kotak Petronita tu, it was over within a minute. (the box was filled with stationeries - and the officer pick up one set, asked what it is for and promptly said that the set was his..) Kesian Rommil who also waited with me as well. He could have gone back much earlier..

The black bag was also marked, tapi I used the wet wipes and hey presto.. no need inspection..

Suprisingly the frozen food box was not marked at all. The frozen food are ok, already thawed but still cool

Zila said...

You ni balik Msia sesekali penuh dgn aktiviti ye...tak penat2 dr day 1...
seronok pulak membacanya..
Hopefully your kids will get well soon..

Ina said...

Dear Xplorer,

Kalo dah tercampak kat Sudan tu, dah sahlah keje ngan Petronas...hehehe

Ina said...

Dear husband,

Kesian kat you.Mujo dia ambik satu aje, and mujo jugak setiap set tu I beli 10 atau 12. Claim kat Petronita lah...hehehe

Ina said...

Dear Zila,

Ini kira cramming aktiviti sementara kat Mesia. Kalo balik Sudan karang asyik memandang dinding aje la pulak...hehehe

Syikeen Pfordten said...

Kak Maz,

No wonder u didn't pick up my call last Friday tengah sibuk mengemas rupanya... I called sbb ada kat area Tmn Tun at that time...

Balik kali ni xde satay ke???