Tuesday 16 June 2009

Preparation : Part 2

By 8th of June, when we arrived at Taman Tun, the dais was ready. MIL did it all by herself! It was really simple but I think she loved it because it was all her handiwork. All the souveniers for the guests were wrapped long before I came back from Sudan...hehehe. See how efficient she was?!!

Anyway, the only thing left for us was just to do the bunga telur, in this case it was 'bunga chocolate' because instead of using egg, my MIL used chocolate, something like the easter egg. On the night of the 8th, I helped did the green 'eggs' but when I arrived on the 9th, I saw that she re-did the flowers on the eggs maybe because it wasn't up to standard...hehehe. I know my hands are not destined for any kraftangan, only 'kerastangan'...hehehe

Ustazah Aminah was there to help mummy and later Auntie Jan came to offer her assistance as well. Auntie Jan stayed until around 10 pm that night. My job was just to cut the flimsy net to put on the flowers. Even that was rejected as mine was too big! Hehehe, well I wanted to finish off earlier, ok?!! Hehehe, so as a conclusion, I was really the menantu 'hantu'! Enjoy the pictures!

All ready...

The simple dais...

The chocolate eggs...

The flowers for 'merenjis'...

The hantaran...

The eggs...

After we put flowers...

The hibiscus on the dais...

Auntie Jan...

3 comments:

Guru said...

cantiknya....

edrina said...

cantik giler hibiscus bunga telur tu

Ina said...

Dear klcitizen and Intan,

All credit to my MIL...hehehe