Monday 27 July 2009

A day for meeting friends : Part 2

The 'date' was supposed to be at 5 pm but Shidah called around noon to have it brought forward to 4 pm, which was fine by me. I arrived in KLCC around 3.15 pm and when I called Nora, she was still in the LRT. I decided to window shop of course...hehehe... and bought a training bra for Aliah. Isetan had a 70% sale and it cost me only rm9. Yeay!

Around 4 pm I went up to Chilli's and I saw Anne and Shidah already at the entrance. We were given a table to sit 4 people and we started ordering drinks. Soon Nora joined us. We had fun chatting and laughing at every topic under the sun...hehehe. June joined us quite late, around 6 probably. We sat at the booth for more than 3 hours with countless refills and also a 'break to the ladies' and 'solat break'...hehehe

There we were, 5 makciks making havoc in Chilli's. I didn't realise how long we were there because I was having fun. These were the girls who shared my life in the 86-90 era... I'm really bad at remembering things during those years but you can count on your friends to really 'remind' you of all the stupidest things back in those days...hehehe. Enough said!

I always remembered myself as being the 'prim and proper' girl during my school days. However my friends had different opinions on this theory. Hehehe. I think, we hardly changed, we're the same Shidah, June, Nora, Anne and Ina as in those days. In fact, Anne's kind-hearted countenance had a man chatting her up at the LRT station on that very same day. And she could actually talked to the man who claimed that he's a manager of a bank but was lost in KL?!! 

Only Anne would have the 'time' for such strangers. I think June and me would just walk away, end of story.  We had to caution her not to do the same again (not talking to strangers on her travels)...hehehe. And here we're talking to a manager/engineer of a multinational company who travels all around the south-east region regularly and already have four kids under her belt!! Hehehe

June reminded me that we used to be partners during assembly...hehehe. And Anne, June and me used to be a librarian in those days and things we did?!! Biarlah rahsia...hehehe. All of us were classmates since form one except for Shidah who joined us when she was in Form four. June was not only my classmate but also my dormmate... She's now a lawyer. Lawyer or loyar buruk I don't know?!! hehehe

Around maghrib we finally go our separate ways. June's sending Anne to Puduraya as she's making her way back to Johor. Shidah went back to hospital as her daughter's still warded in Tawakkal. Nora's going back by LRT and I drove home to the kids in a traffic jam that befits a Friday night! sigh... You could also read Nora's account of the 'date' in her blog.

Wish you well, my friends. Till we meet again...

Shidah and Nora (with a pink tudung made by As)...

June, Anne and me...

We were in a sombre mood...

Countless refills...

The friday night crawl...

6 comments:

edrina said...

biler bukak citer lama tu yg syok tu hehe

Guru said...

wah countless refills tu yang manager kat chilli's tak tahan tu...

boleh bankrap, kan

Lisa said...

Ina, it looks like where ever you go, it is MERIAH!

Ina said...

Dear Intan,

Hehehe, itu yang terbelahak gelak sampai tak hengat!

Dear klcitizen,

Manager kat chilli's tu kawan kitorang...hehehehe. Pekerja dia yang tak tahan ngan makcik2 tuh...

Ina said...

Dear Ocean Girl,

Apa nak buat, memang I jenis happy go lucky. Itulah kelebihan I agaknya...hehehe.

nora muhammad said...

makcik???? i refuse to be called a makcik...remember i scolded 1 guy for calling me such...

and ina...u were trying to act ayu kot masa kat ssp dulu hehehe...