Sunday 12 July 2009

Going round in circles?!!

Last Friday, the kids and I left Tasik Puteri around 12.45 pm. The journey to Sabak Bernam was uneventful with all of the kids sleeping.

In recent years, I would normally stay in the Sabak Bernam Rest House or Sg. Hj. Dorani Marine Park whenever we went back. It's not that I have a lot of money to waste but it was more about comfort. One of my relatives is staying in my old house, so staying there's out of the question. Sometimes my mak long's house's full of her children and grandchildren and I feel out of place...sigh. So, I'll normally opt to relax somewhere else, plus the fact that I really love staying in hotels...hehehe. 

So, instead of going straight to my Mak Ulong's house, I drove around in Sabak Bernam to find a place to stay! First, I tried Sg. Hj Dorani Marine Park. The kids love to see the sea and the fishing boats but unfortunately it was fully booked for the weekend. So, I drove towards Sabak Bernam and on the way saw the 'B.N.O Homestay' at one of the sign boards...hmm. So, my sense of adventure propelled me to drive all the way to Bagan Nakhoda Omar to find the homestay.

To tell you the truth, I could get lost in Sabak Bernam...hehehe. I'm not very familiar with all the areas in Sabak because since young I hardly get around. My world at the time was just in books, story books of course and since I have only a bicycle to travel around, how far could I go?!! hehehe, plus the fact that I'm a girl, it was another taboo, of course. So, I drove and with the help of a roadside seller (which was speaking in Banjar, I think), I got to the seaside only to find that there's no such thing as a homestay around the area... It's actually in Sabak town?!! 

Half an hours drive and for nothing! Anyway, I took a few pictures of the seaside just for fun. In all my life, I've never been to Bagan Nakhoda Omar...hehehe. Enjoy the pictures.

There was a rest area and foodstalls...

There was also a place for you to hire the fishing boats to the 'kelong'

It was a windy day...

The clouds looked ominous...

After that I went to Zamita Homestay in Sabak Bernam. One room costs only rm50 with aircond but they were also fully booked. The same goes with Sabak Bernam Rest House...sigh. Finally, I drove to Sg. Hj. Dorani Homestay in the middle of paddy fields. The view was fantastic, they were just about to be harvested I think so it was all green. As usual, signboards in Malaysia's normally very pretty to look at but very confusing. First you see it, then you get lost?!! 

I managed to talk to one of the owners of the Homestay programme. It seemed that there's about 60 houses involved in catering for tourists who would like to stay in the homestay. One room would be about rm60 but only fan's provided. And most of the houses were fully booked also...hehehe. Sabak Bernam was probably the place to be last weekend...hehehe. So, I decided to just stay in Kak Iti and Abg Ghani's house... The kids were happy because they could watch cartoons on Astro...sigh.

One of the houses...

Useful info... call before you go...

As far as the eyes can see...

Beautiful...

That's the impromptu adventure that we had on Friday... Driving round in circles! But I enjoyed it, all the same...hehehe

9 comments:

just me said...

aaaaa... i love the views!

Guru said...

tak pernah gi ke sawah padi... best nya ya..

rozana said...

Beautiful Ina, maybe blh jadik 1 dpd tempat aku nak pegi ngan family aku he..he.. Any tempat makan yg best2 cam seafood ke? Bubuh la alamat and gambaq cam X-plorer ek!

xplorer said...

saya mmg teringin sgt nak duduk homestay kawasan sawah padi.Ok ke tempat tu ina , ada gambar kat dlm bilik tak ? saya btul interested nak duduk

Aina@Azila said...

I pun tak pernah sampai Sabak Bernam...cantik

edrina said...

suka2..intan pun suka dok hotel hak hak kalah bebudak hiks

Ina said...

Mie and klcitizen,

Biasalah kita, banyak tempat menarik kat dalam negara kita sebenarnya. Lagi satu attraction kat Sg Besar ni adalah kain2 yang murah2...hehehe

Ina said...

Zana,

Seafood kat Medan Ikan Bakar Sg Hj Dorani ada...hehehe. No. phone kan ada kat salah satu gambar tu.

Xplorer,

Sekarang masa sesuai nak pegi sebab musim memotong padi. Nanti dah tak lawa sangat...hehehe
Gambar bilik tak ambil la pulak sebab fully booked masa tu...

Ina said...

Azila,

Biasa la tempat jatuh lagi dikenang...inikan pulak tempat bercinta...hehehe

Intan,

Sama la kita. Pak long Fasri cukup menyampah nengok mataku yang berkilauan kalo dengar perkataan hotel...hehehehe