Wednesday 22 July 2009

Petronita AGM (Induk)...

Last Friday, very, very early in the morning, I started my journey to KLCC (I started my journey at 6.30 am, okay?!!). The kids were excited to be able to spend some time at Kak Normah's house...hehehe. They were wide awake, all the three of them! I dropped them off at Tmn Sri Rawang and continued my journey to KL around 7 am.

I didn't want to use the highway because knowing me, I would get lost somewhere or missed a turning or whatever...So, better be safe than sorry, I used the old road. Getting to Selayang was not that bad but after that, I crawled...sigh. There're just too many cars on the road! Anyway, I reached KLCC just slightly after 8 am. 

Bumper to bumper crawl...

I was really early as the registration would only start at 9 am. I called K.Jas and K.Aishah and since they're still on their way, I decided to have breakfast at DeliFrance. I could just imagine my husband having his breakfast there...hehehe. Oh yes, the night before my husband gave me the directions on how to get to Tower1 and also a warning not to wear my slipper...hehehe. 

Later K.Aisyah joined me and after that we joined K.Jas at the lobby. I was a bit impressed with the security because we had to go through the metal detector (like at the airport). We're among the early ones at the hall. But I was a bit pissed when my name was not at the list during registration. Actually, there're supposed to be three reps from Sudan (the chairlady and two committee members) but the ladies refused to put my name in, saying that's supposed to be only 2 reps from Sudan?!! Hello, if I'm not needed, I'd rather not be there ok?!! They didn't even want to give me the coupons for lunch?!! Oh, I was really pissed off, I tell you!

But well, I remembered my promise to Kak Husna to attend the meeting, so I did. The meeting started a bit later than planned (I thought Petronas's as a corporate body should already discard this idea of Malay timing?!!). I was a bit disappointed to note that Puan Sri's was not there (only her speech was read out). I thought since that would probably be my first and last time attending the AGM, I would be able to salam with Puan Sri...hehehe. Takde rezeki...

During election...

During the presentation...

Some of those who attended...

These ladies came from Miri if I'm not mistaken...

During the presentations by various committees, I noticed one thing. There's a drop in the number of activities done at Induk level but the bulk of the money was also spent by Induk?!! Anyway, the matter was raised by the Perak delegate that Induk seemed to cut the budget given to branches while expecting a lot of activities done at the branches also. It became a vicious cycle in the case of Sudan because they gave us less money but expecting activities to be carried out. We ended up using our own money for Petronita activities and became self-sufficient! Which meant that less money will be given by Induk?!!

Anyway, it was not all serious business throughout the time because by then I already switched off! Hehehe... I had fun watching the election because what kind of election was it if the names were nominated beforehand? Only certain posts were nominated there and then. If that's the case, do not waste people's time and money to come all the way from Sabah, Sarawak etc. just to watch a cartoon-like election and had a measly lunch.

After that I was busy taking pictures for my blog and making friends...hehehe. I remembered that there was only a 17% participation of ladies in Petronas Induk itself! The hall was not even full, ok?!! Very sad indeed! I raised a question of whether the minimum number of 60 members for branch overseas would mean that Sudan's branch would be closed?!! Luckily the answer was 'no'...hehehe. I thought I could escape my post...hehehe

My husband reminded me not to 'embarrass him' by laughing so loud...hehehe. Sorry husband, that was a bit much to ask of your fun loving wife...hehehe. But I did have fun, nonetheless. Enjoy the pictures...

Others were busy in the meeting, we were busy posing...hehehe

The coupon that they refused to give me?!!

The coupon for lunch... macam kat sekolah, kan?!!

K.Aishah and K.Jas...

Faizah's bracelet given by Puan Sri...

K.Aishah taking the gifts on behalf of chairlady and secretary...

One for Kak Husna and one for Faridah...

Kitorang gayakan dulu...hehehe

Posing outside the hall...

K.Jas with her lucky draw gift...hehehe

After lunch, the three of us went window shopping. Kak Aishah wanted to buy a handbag but when I told them about RNR2U and Nek Rock's Boutique, they were excited...hehehe. So, we decided to window shop in all the designer's galleries. Adoi! they were so expensive! There's hardly anything below rm1000 even after discount?!! We went into Coach, Chanel, Aigner, Fendi and lots of other boutiques. Chanel was the most expensive with items as high as rm10,000?!! My eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets! Hehehe...

I think if I'm not with the other two ladies, I'd never walk in those stores, ever! Dear husband, don't worry, I'll never be crazy enough to spend so much money on one handbag...hehehe. I remembered making the remark that if you just add a couple of thousands and you'd be able to go for your hajj...sigh. These people must be making lots of money that they do not know what to do with it. Anyway, after that excursion, we parted ways and I went to Kinokuniya and bought myself two cook books, Nigella's express and Gordon Ramsay's book. Yeay! After that I bought the kids pretzels from Auntie Anne's and went home. I had to pay rm20 something for the parking! Sigh... How I missed the kids... 

6 comments:

xplorer said...

wah , aktif gak persatuan petronas.mcm politik plak

Chibi Maruko said...

Aduh berkiranya sampai kupon pun tak nak kasi.. apa salah guna budi bicara.. org dah dtg pun... encik hubby siap pesan jgn pakai slipper lagi tu heheh

Ina said...

Xpoler,

Biasa la Mesia ni banyak sangat politik...fenin...

Dear Chibi,

Akak memang suka pakai slipper aje... Rupanya kalo pakai slipper atau T-shirt tak bercollar takleh masuk...

Fasri said...

tak sempat salam dgn Puan Sri? X pe Tan Sri sure dtg nak rasmi bangunan PETRONAS Sudan, sure ada rezeki lagi..

just me said...

i wish i could snap photo or record video of my meeting with ladies here. hampeh betui!lebih kurang kot meeting kita

Zila said...

Dear Ina,

"you just add a couple of thousands and you'd be able to go for your hajj"

I like the above phrase le Ina...memang betul pun dr beli beg beribu baik simpan duit buat pi haji tapi tak ape le mmg ada orang yang terlalu byk duit sampai tak tahu nak buat apa...

I also like to wear slipper..sampaikan my hubby bought me a very comfortable shoes and asked me to wear it instead of wearing slipper to office...hehehe..org dah beli pakai aje le..