Wednesday 1 July 2009

Driving a sports car...

What a title, huh?!! Hehehe... acah aje, I had to drive our old car around today, hence the title. It's a very old Wira 1.3 (manual), ok? When I say old, it's going to be 12 years old soon. We got it using my 'duit hantaran'. Dear husband, don't say anything, do not get me started on the 'measly' duit hantaran that you gave me...hehehe

Anyway, driving the old Wira around today was pure torture! I could get use to driving a manual car (this needs a lot of mental adjustments at times! Hehehe)... but the car's really 'lowered' not that we do it purposely, but I think the 'spring's already broken and I could feel that my butt's so close to the various bumps in Tasik Puteri...sigh...

The fact that I'm fat doesn't help at all! When I get in the car, I didn't 'slink in' but I 'sunk into' the car! The seat is not really a seat, it's so worn down that you could see the inside rotting away already! Really, I could feel that I'm driving a go-kart not a proper car! There are so many things that needed to be done to the car to make it 'driveable' again...sigh

Oh the heat?!! It was unbearable, luckily today's not a hot day, if not I could die from the heat! The air-condition in the car only works when it rains. If I use it nonetheless, the car will get heated within minutes, seriously! And I could not open the driver's window, I could only use the air from the passenger's window...Hehehe

Ok, enough complains from me. It does get me around today, sending the laundry, sending the kids to tuition, buying lunch etc. And I do appreciate the fact that the car's our first 'harta' together. It's been to so many places and I have lots of fond memories of that car. I know that we couldn't sell it because it's worthless to others but not for us...

So, when I picked up the matrix from the workshop, I've sent the Wira for a 'make-over'. We have to change the radiator and the gearbox, so it'll be costly but if I have to pay for it myself, I would but I don't think that I could. So, can I use your money, dear?!!

2 comments:

Fasri said...

what u mean if u can use your money. question of if does not even arise. the last question also does not even arise it goes without saying memang le I kena bayar!

dah alang2 hantar tu, ask the workshop to look into the power window, driver's seat..

Sizuka said...

kalau kat workshop tu ada shopping mall, sure engkau tak tanya "can i use ur money dear" question.. hehe