Sunday 26 July 2009

A trip to jalan TAR...

On Wednesday, I brought the kids to jalan TAR to find the dresses for the dances in Sudan. I parked the car at SOGO and rushed the kids to Globe silk store. It used to be the 'in' KL shopping complex of the 80's. Sadly now, it looked a bit run down and quite 'empty' especially in the children department...sigh. There were not many choices, really. I was advised to go to Semua House instead.

I dragged them to Kamdar first but was told that they do not stock ready made dresses for children. I was directed to the other Kamdar. Alhamdulillah, they had quite a selection in that Kamdar. I bought 6 pieces of baju kurung moden which cost about 39.90 each. I also bought the boys batik shirt for less than rm8 each and Aliah's punjabi suit for about rm24...hehehe

By then, the kids were cranky with Hadi demanding a drink. Instead of going straight to SOGO, I dropped by at Nagoya and bought materials to make tudung and also some cotton materials for baju kurung. The kids were really tired so we rushed to SOGO to have something to drink. I tell you, it's definitely not easy 'shopping' at jalan TAR with three kids under the age of ten in tow!

I went straight to Auntie Anne's pretzel kiosk where I bought pretzels and a lemonade for Hadi to quench his thirst. It was the right move because after that I could hardly hear a squeak from him! Alhamdulillah! After that, I drove home and immediately sent Aliah for tuition...

Kesian Amir, he was 'flat'!

He was so tired...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

If I don't know any better, I would think you've been torturing your children! :)

Ina said...

Dear Ocean Girl,

Hehehe...well, they're 'forced' to follow me around, so it's kinda mental torture...hehehe

xplorer said...

as a kid and even now i had always dreaded going to globe and TAR.Whenever my wife had ask me to accompany her to jalan TAR i had always created some sort of excuse not to go. Hari Raya is just around the corner somehow or rather i know my wife will again pop up the question. I guess i have TARphobia

ANA said...

kesian amir....

rozana said...

Memang betul2 mental tortureutk Amir he..he.. My husband pon macam X-plorer TARphobia.. I should do the same.. Dragging all my 4 kids there! ;-)Tak tau ler lepas tu si Mawaddah and Muhammad ropa apa he..he..