Wednesday 15 July 2009

Sesat-barat...in search for Tg. Malim

On Sunday, I planned to start my journey back before lunch. I ended up helping with the cleaning up and made my move only after zohor. My plan was to drive back to Rawang via Tanjung Malim. Why? One was because I was so curious about the yik mun pau in Tg. Malim and I wanted to see Angah (Kak Iti's daughter), who has just started working in Billion in Tg. Malim. So I had two legitimate reasons to go there...hehehe

I used the Sg. Panjang Road, through the paddy fields and felda Gedangsa. The road was a bit scary because it was very 'quiet' and really bumpy. With the kids asleep, I only had my camera to keep me company. Aliah said the clouds looked like the painting in 'Barbie : Rapunzel'...hehehe. Yes, it did look like a painting, truly...

I was quite confident to reach Behrang because I used to drive there from Rawang to go back to kampung especially during the Raya season. But it's been awhile since I used the route. The road signs going to Tg. Malim was quite clear so it was not bad. 

But as usual with roadsigns in Malaysia, it tends to peter out once we're near the area?!! So, instead of going left at the junction, I turned left and to my dismay, it lead me to Hulu Bernam?!! What to do? I took the NSE of course...going North. But instead of getting out at Behrang, I drove on...sigh. I'm really bad at Geography...hehehe. I had to turn back at Slim River lest I reach Ipoh...hehehe.

I was about to give up when I saw the Proton City signs near the Behrang exit. I remembered something that xplorer mentioned in his entry. After that it was smooth sailing. First I saw Billion and true enough, Angah was there. I arrived around 4.30 and her break was at 5.00 pm, so I decided to find the Yik Mun pau first. About two traffic lights later, I saw it at the junction. Yippee! But my euphoria lasted only for a little while because there were so many people there and I had to wait for at least 20 minutes for my order.

I decided to drive back to pick up Angah and had our meal there. I got loads of frozen pau to bring back to Sudan and some fresh ones for my neighbours...hehehe. After sending Angah, I drove back to Rawang and arrived around 6.20 pm. The kids played with their waterguns with the neighbours' kids and they had fun. I was really satisfied that I found the original pau of Tanjung Malim (as if I couldn't get them at the Jaya Jusco?!! Hehehe). The thrill that counts, right?!! Enjoy the pictures...

Look at the clouds...

Beautiful, huh?!!

It's going to rain...

Yippee! I finally found it!

The kids playing with their waterguns...

They really had fun...

Basah-kuyup!

Amir the mischievous!

2 comments:

Guru said...

kept hearing about yik mun pau.. sedap sangat ke?

Ina said...

Dear klcitizen,

Kira sedap la jugak. I'm not a hantu pau but my husband and daughter are. You can buy it at JayaJusco OneUtama (outside/in front of their supermarket). Good luck!